The man's name was Nathan Summers. He usually was not one to investigate something as fanciful as what he heard in the pub, but the details seemed too close to what he read in a paranormal journal many moons ago. At the time he dismissed it as hogwash and said nothing more about it. However, now that he had a first-hand account, he began to think differently about this situation. The journal told of a similar statue but with less detail than the sailor. It mentioned it was made of stone and the several deformities in its shape. Still, this was nothing but a statue and no harm came because of it. The seamen saw something out of the ordinary and rose hell about it, nothing more. However, Nathan still wanted to ask the sailor some questions. He was of a slight muscular build, wearing a semi-tight two piece with a burgundy tie falling between his jacket innards. He walked with a slight limp due to some surgery in his right leg. He was wearing a black bowler with a single white stripe decorating it. He was clean shaven and he had a youthful look to his face.
Nathan approached the sailor that just spoke and inquired, "My good sir, I'm quite curious about what you saw, could you clarify certain details for me?" The sailor looked a little stunned. He still had not completely recovered from the alcohol. He gave Nathan a bewildered look. He opened his mouth to speak, but only a grunt escape. The sailor cleared his throat and tried again.
"Sure, why not sonny. Hmm, where shall I start?"
Nathan replied, "Could you tell me about the weather that night? Was it raining?"
"To me memory, I believe 'twas pouring. Aye, it was. Not heavily, but enough."
Nathan again inquired, "Ah, I see. Also, how large is the crew?"
The sailors face contorted as if he were about to vomit, however he mustered up enough gall to respond, "I would reckon about a dozen of us. Yes, I reckon that be about right. Now sonny, why did ye ask that? It seems a bit odd don't it?"
Nathan was not expecting to be asked questions by the interviewee. He did nothing but shake his head. The sailor said, "Sorry to alarm ye, continue."
Nathan, without missing a beat, followed up with, "Now, sir, this is a more personal question, excuse me if I'm crossing a boundary, but are you sane sir?"
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment